Friday, November 11, 2016

Reading Notes: King Arthur, Part B



· Wow, a lot happens in this first bit of story. So, Galahad is the only man who can bear the special shield, he expels the fiend from the graveyard, he knights the squire but the squire is eventually wounded, he frees the maidens, and he fights Lancelot and Percivale. I think that it stands out to me that people are saying that he’s the only one worthy of various honors, and that he’s the best knight in the world. It seems like it could lead to some tension amongst the knights of the table.

· Lancelot is Galahad’s father?!?

· I’m confused. If the Knight that Lancelot saw in his dreams was so righteous, why did he steal from Lancelot? That’s not cool. I could write about him getting in trouble for that eventually . . .

· The poor yeomanL. Now his hackney is gone too. I could write about his perspective, but it would be sad and not well resolved, and he might die in the end. Percivale didn’t really help at all, and then he was gone.

· I could take the tale of Sir Lancelot being beaten in battle when he takes the side of the black knights against the white ones, but change it to another situation where someone is usually the champion at something, but is bested because of their wrongdoing.

· Once again, I could write about someone who is foiled in their pursuit of something they want because of their own wrongdoing.

· So how long has Sir Bors gone without eating? Did I misunderstand that? And, I could write a tale about how he and his brother came to be in danger of unknowingly slaying one another.

· I want to know more about how and why Sir Percivale’s sister died! I suppose I could write that story.

(Sir Mordred, by H. J. Ford)

Bibliography:  King Arthur: Tales of the Round Table, by Andrew Lang

No comments:

Post a Comment