Monday, October 31, 2016

Reading Notes: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Part B


· I should practice using all caps for emphasis. That’s a nice touch.

· This is a lot of dialogue: that’s all this part of the story consists of. I should try to incorporate more dialogue. I should also try to include how my characters react to dialogue, like “Alice felt dreadfully puzzled.”

· I love this use of characters. It would be fun to write a story where anyone and everything can be a character. (The Mad Hatter and Time used to be friends, but they quarreled last March.)

· “ . . . said Alice, who always took a great interest in questions of eating and drinking.” I should qualify my characters that way.

· Alice is rude.

· Ohhh I’m not sure I’ve ever before realized that the White Rabbit and the March Hare are different.

· I also like the idea of tricking someone horrid while still being truthful. “Are their heads off?” “Their heads are gone.” I should try to do something like that in one of my stories.

· I’m sad for the hedgehogs and flamingos. I suppose I could write something from their point of view.

· Also, there’s the idea of a silly dilemma: how does one behead the Cheshire Cat when only its head is visible? I could have Jack confound a villain with a problem like that, if I feel like coming up with my own story.

· Boy, Alice really is kind of bratty.

· Everything about this trial is falling to pieces. If I were to rewrite it somehow, everything would have to fall to pieces.


Bibliography: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, by Lewis Carroll

No comments:

Post a Comment