Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Tech Tip: Blog Profile

I haven't thought too much about my online identity (perhaps I should).  I'm not particularly worried about anything when it comes to future employees.  As far as I know, none of the information available about me is bad; I just need to decide if I want that much information available to just anyone.  I think that I probably need to be more careful about keeping sensitive information (like my number and address) offline, but I also feel a little bit like it's a losing battle, and if anyone wants to creep on me and find out all kinds of things that I don't want them to, they probably can.  Oh well.  I suppose I should try anyway.

Accordingly, I took my last name off of this blog (I think and hope?) and disconnected it from my google account.  I'm planning on leaving the blog up, though.  I may get rid of some posts that pertain to this class but wouldn't be particularly of interest to anyone else (like reading notes) and leave up things like stories.

I would like for my online identity not only to be professional and not a turn off to future employers, but to display my personality.  I think that this blog and my story book can do that in a unique way, so I'm excited for this to be out there, to continue to round out my online presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment