Saturday, December 3, 2016

Reading Notes: Robin Hood, Part B

· I wish we knew more about the people that Robin steals from. Are they all corrupt and wicked? Because if so that would make me feel much better. I’m sad that the Bishop was unwilling to show mercy. I also wish I knew more about the laws concerning the king’s deer. I assume they’re unjust? I’ve always assumed that… I hope they are, at any rate, because I want to like Robin and for him to be a hero.

· I want to know if those beggars were actually disabled, or if they were just faking. Also, shoot dang. That’s a lot of money.

· What a horrible response. “We just got a lot of money, so we’ll drink nothing but alcohol until it’s all gone.”

· Ahhh so he’s helped the old woman before? Like the giving to the poor thing?

· Why on earth does the Bishop travel through the Green Wood with large sums of money? It seems to prove itself a dangerous idea over and over.

· I wonder how the Bishop felt this whole time? I could write this story from his perspective. Or I could write a story in which it was a young maid instead of an old woman, and she fell in love with Little John or something. That would be fun.

· I fell like making other people swear an oath not to lie and such while you rob them seems hypocritical, but that’s just me.

· Lol he cast in lines without hooks. Why on earth does Robin want to do this? He has no idea what he’s up to.

· Haha I love the use of the word “lubber”.

· Ohhh yay he’s giving to the poor! That’s the good part about Robin Hood.

· I can’t believe he injured her!

· I don’t quite understand why Robin remains so loyal to the king. Also, he says there was never anything wrong with the Sheriff! I’m indignant!


Bibliography: The English and Scottish Popular Ballads, collected by Francis James Child

No comments:

Post a Comment